SVS can custom design exhaust heat shields. The Heat shields are designed to meet the specific insulation needs of the mining, marine, logging, and harvesting industries. The outer skin is resistant to all types of fuels, is a durable surface resistant to all harsh working environments, and provides a long service life. The shields are lightweight and have a minimal increase in the physical size of components.
Shielding can be designed to suit Catalysts/DPF, exhaust manifold, turbine housing, and exhaust pipes. Complex shapes are no problem and shields can be developed to suit all arrangements.
Benefits of the shields
- Reduced surface temperature
- Insulated components can be easily cleaned
- Lowers the ambient temperature in the engine compartment
- Reduces the problem of heat deterioration to electronic and electrical components
- Shields can be constructed to add less than 10mm to the part size in limited space applications
- The Heat shield does not absorb oils or fuels